ZeeTheCook’s Chicken Lemon Rice Zoup!
(Chicken Broth Recipe can be found under “chicken vegetable soup”)
what you will neeed:
Vegetables and other essential ingredients:
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Cooked shredded chicken (light or dark meat)
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup short grain rice (masri rice preferred, pre-soaked in warm water for 10)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon “Vegeta” Seasoning (or more as needed, it has salt in it so be careful)
- ¼-⅓ cup bunch parsley, cleaned and finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried tarragon leaves
- Vegetable or chicken bouillon, 1-2
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1-2 fresh lemons + more to taste for later (upon preference)
- Mazola vegetable oil for cookingDirections1) In a large skillet on medium heat, use 3 tablespoons of Mazola oil to saute vegetables (about 7-10 min)
2) Add black + white pepper and once the veggies are part cooked, set aside.
3) In your Soup Pot, melt butter and stir in flour until smooth.
4) Add chicken broth, vegetable bouillon, vegeta and pre soaked rice to the butter and flour… cook for 15 min. on medium-low heat until everything is well dissolved.
5) Throw in veggies and tarragon and heat for another 5 min.
6) Taste Test.
7) If the carrots are tender, and the celery softened- your soup is almost ready to be devoured!.
8) Stir in parsley, chicken, lemon juice (mixed with egg yolks) … Cook on medium heat uncovered for 5 minutes.
9) Taste test your soup. What does it need? More Vegeta or pepper ? More Lemon ? Is it perfect?
Contact me with any questions! Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Garnish with herb-seasoned croutons, few pieces of diced fresh tomato, and more parsley if you love it like I do…
*Share your results with me by hash-tagging #ZeeTheCook and tagging @ZeeTheCook on social media!
Follow: ZeeTheCook on Instagram & Facebook for more delicious recipes!