Super Crispy Chicken Tenders !
* The Perfect Finger Food!!
• 6 Chicken breasts boneless skinless
• 1.5 cup buttermilk
• 1.5 teaspoon hot sauce
• 3 large eggs beaten
• 3 cups flour
• 3 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
• Canola oil for frying
1) Cut the chicken breasts into four tenders each and soak them in a bowl with the buttermilk and hot sauce for 30 minutes.
2) Add the eggs to one bowl and the flour and spices to a second bowl.
3) Dip each piece of chicken from the buttermilk bowl to the flour mixture.
4) Dip it into the eggs then back into the flour mixture.
5) Shake excess flour gently off and put the chicken onto a baking sheet.
6) Repeat with all the pieces.
7) Heat the oil (three inches deep) in a dutch oven on medium high heat to 350 degrees.
8) Fry the chicken in small batches for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Please Note: Once fried you can keep them crisp in a low oven at 250 degrees while you finish frying them or keep them warm until your even starts.
Please Note: * WHY MARINATE IN BUTTERMILK?
-The buttermilk acts as a tenderizer which makes the chicken moister. Even just a half an hour soak will help with flavor and it also acts as a binding agent for the first coat of seasoned flour.
Please Note: *HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS? (HEALTHY CHICKEN TENDERS)
Oven Baked Buttermilk Chicken Strips
- 1 pound chicken strips
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil
Place the chicken strips in a gallon-size freezer bag. Add in the buttermilk, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper. Seal and shake so the chicken pieces are well-coated. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight for the best flavor.
Place the bread crumbs in a dish. Remove chicken strips from the buttermilk mixture and dredge in the bread crumb mixture to evenly coat. Arrange strips on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Heat the oven to 450°F and bake until cooked through and golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Total Time: 30 minutes (plus marinating time)
Yield: makes about 6 servings
“Super Crispy Chicken Tenders soaked in buttermilk and fried crisp are super flavorful, moist and extra crispy on the outside”
Please hashtag #ZeeTheCook when sharing with friends and family! I would love to see your finished plate! Tag me on Instagram and Facebook @ZeeTheCook !! All rights reserved !