Lebanese Fatteh by ZeeTheCook!!
- 2 cans Chick Peas- drained and washed with fresh water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tub plain yogurt- Lebanese or Mediterranean
- 1 loaf lebanese pita bread- Fried and broken into small pieces (you can also buy fried pita bread from any local market if you don’t want to fry it at home)
- 6 Garlic cloves, sliced and mashed
- Fresh Lemon Juice, about 1/4 cup (more or less)
- 1 tsp lebanese 7 spice (more or less depending on flavor strength you prefer)
- 1 tsp cumin- (more or less depending on flavor strength you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp mint flakes
- 1 Small onion, chopped and lightly sauteed
- Lightly toasted pine kernels (in butter)
- Fresh flat leaf Italian Parsley, washed, rinsed and chopped for garnish
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Drizzle Olive Oil for garnish
- Pomegranate Seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine chick peas, chuck roast pieces, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup beef broth together. Add seasonings and allow the mixture to come to a boil. After it comes to a boil, simmer to low heat for 10 minutes. (taste test along the way to determine whether you want to add more cumin, 7 spice or salt and pepper…)
- In the meantime, pour yogurt, garlic, mint flakes, salt, lemon juice and water into a large bowl until the yogurt has a nice smooth consistency. Taste test to see if you would like to add more lemon or garlic, salt, etc etc.
- In this order, layer:
1) Beef and chickpeas
2) Fried Pita Bread
3) Smoothen flavored Yogurt (the one you just made)
4) Chopped Fresh Parsley
5) Roasted Pine kernels
6) Drizzle of olive oil
7) Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
Bon Appetit!!!! Please see video demonstration via ZeeTheCook Instagram Page. I don’t normally measure when I cook, so if there are any unclear instructions in` the recipe, please don’t hesitate to call me or text me @ 313-414-2301 🙂 ~ Your Favorite Chef, Zee !
*Share your results with me by hash-tagging #ZeeTheCook and tagging @ZeeTheCook on social media!
Follow: ZeeTheCook on Instagram & Facebook for more delicious recipes!