1 lb lean ground beef
24 oz Marinara Sauce
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 1/2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese, divided
3/4 cup freshly, finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Italian Seasoning to taste
Optional Garnish: Basil leaves, chopped parsley, diced tomato, grated Parmesan cheese
1) Cook lasagna noodles according to directions listed on package. Be sure to salt the water a bit to bring to a boil. Once noodles are cooked, drain (and preserve some of that liquid for later use with the sauce) and squeeze some olive oil on the noodles so they won’t stick together. Set the noodles aside.
(In the meantime, preheat oven to 375 degrees)
2) Drizzle 2 tablespoon olive oil into a large non-stick fry pan. Heat over medium high-heat, cook minced garlic half way, then add your ground beef and a little corn oil- Mix the meat and garlic together. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. Continue to cook until meat has browned.
3) Pour in the marinara sauce and 1/2 cup persevered “pasta water”. Allow the mixture to come to a boil for 3 minutes… then simmer on very low heat for 7 minutes, covered.
4) While the meat and sauce is set to a simmer, prepare cheese mixture by stirring together ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper with a fork in a large mixing bowl until well combine. Stir in chopped fresh parsley. Add in 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and stir mixture until well combine.
5) Time to roll! Line up each noodle and spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture evenly onto each cooked lasagna noodle (it will be a thin layer), then spread 1 heaping tablespoon meat sauce along the top of cheese covered noodle. Roll noodles up jellyroll style and arrange seam side down in baking dish.
6) Cover rolled noodles with remaining meat sauce then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese evenly over roll-ups.
7) Tent baking dish with foil (don’t allow foil to rest on cheese or it will stick you just want to loosely tent to prevent the cheese from browning) and bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven. Serve warm garnished with chopped fresh basil and parsley. Bon Appetit!!!!!
~ ZeeTheCook, LLC
Follow ZeeTheCook on Instagram & Facebook ! Share your results by tagging @ZeeTheCook + #ZeeTheCook !!
All rights reserved.