Kale & Quinoa Tabbouli Salad
(So delicious! You will love this!)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (any color variety of quinoa will work)
- 8 cups very finely chopped kale (tough stems removed)
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley (from about 2 big bunches)
- 2 cups slices grape or cherry tomato
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion (about 1/2 a large onion)
- 1 large cucumber diced into small cubes
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh Greek Feta Cheese cubes
- Shredded carrots (optional, it’s more for a pretty presentation)
(we’re making a large portion to reserve what’s not used for later use!)
- 3/4 lemon juice (from about 5 lemons)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove mashed and salted
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, kale, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber and onion, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, making sure that all salt is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over kale mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Although you can serve this immediately, we recommend that you refrigerate it for at least an hour or two to let the flavors meld. Alternately, you can refrigerate this tabouli, covered, for several days.
- Garnish with Feta Cheese Cubes and Shredded carrots.
- Note: You can also garnish this delicious salad with a protein of choice! I like to use Grilled Chicken or Salmon for this salad! (Tuna also works, as well as beef!)
Please hashtag #ZeeTheCook when creating and sharing this recipe. All rights reserved & registered.